Peter Kim's sermons are recorded each Sunday and turned into a video so that others may hear preaching of the Word. If you missed a Sunday, or are just staying in for protection during COVID, listen and watch for encouraging messages from the pulpit!
Text: Acts 3:1-10
Theme: Our ordinary becomes extraordinary when God intervenes.
1. Understand our CONDITION AND SITUATION (v.2)
2. Understanding our situation will lead us to a sense of HUMILIATION. (v.2)
3. Humiliation forces us to give our ATTENTION to God. (vv.4-5)
4. Our attention to God leads us to GREAT EXPECTATION. (v.5)
5. Expectation leads to RESTORATION. (v.6)
6. Restoration leads to GLORIFICATION. (v.8)
Text: Ephesians 3:1-13
Theme: It’s the duty (privilege and blessing) of the church to proclaim the good news of Jesus Christ
1. We are bound to no one, but to Jesus Christ. (Ephesians 3:1)
2. God’s revelation comes to us through the Word of God. (Pick it up and Read it.) (Ephesians 3:2-4)
3. The Church of Christ has its duty (privilege and blessing) (Ephesians 3:10)
Text: Ephesians 2:11-22
Theme: Jesus Christ came to destroy walls of hostility.
1. It’s all about the CROSS (Christ Reconciles Outsiders and Sinners to the Savior) (v.18)
2. Everyone is included in the family of God: Not Some. Not no one, but everyone. (vv.12-14)
3 Jesus came to reconciles us to God.
4. 1+1=1 We are all one in Jesus Christ because He came to unite us. (v.14)
Text: Ephesians 2:1-10
Theme: Our good works reflect our heavenly father.
Some truths to remember:
1. Remember WHAT we BELIEVE AND KNOW. (Ephesians 2:8)
2. Remember WHO we WERE BEFORE CHRIST. (Ephesians 2:1)
3. Remember WHO we ARE NOW: GOD’S HANDIWORK (Ephesians 2:10)
4. Remembers WHO our DADDY IS.
Text: Ephesians 1:15-23
Theme: Let’s “really” remember one another in prayer.
1. I will remember you in prayer by giving thanks for you. (Ephesians 1:16)
2. I will remember you in prayer by asking God for you. (Ephesians 1:17-18a)
3. I will remember you and fight for you on my knees. (Ephesians 1:18-19a)
Text: Ephesians 1:1-14; Revelation 2:1-7
Theme: I Must First Improve Myself Before the Church Can Change
1. Improvement begins when I know WHO I AM. (vv.1,11,13)
2. Improvement continues as I accept GOD’S INDICTMENT. (Revelation 2:2-4)
3. We improve by REMEMBERING our first love. (Revelation 2:5)
4. We improve by REPENTING. (Revelation 2:5)
5. We improve by RE-DOING the right things. (Revelation 2:5)
Theme: Living and Enjoying life in God’s Sovereign Season.
What can we learn from the Teacher in Ecclesiastes chapter 3?
1. God is Sovereign (Ecclesiastes 3:14)
2. Everything Happens in God’s Time and Season (Ecclesiastes 3:11)
3. Life is Short: Live Well (James 4:13-14)
4. Eat, Drink and Be Happy (Ecclesiastes 3:12-13)
Text: Acts 1:12-26
Theme: Sharing Ministries (“Sharing is Caring”)
How Can We Share Ministries in the Life of the Church? THREE Specific Ways:
1. Ministry of Presence: Being Present/Being Together (Acts 1:13)
2. Ministry of Prayer: Praying for One Another (Acts 1:14)
3. Ministry of Preaching: Preaching and Teaching the Word of God (Acts 1:15-20)
Text: Acts 1:1-11
Theme: We are Theophilus: Lovers of God
Three Principles to Remember:
Text: Matthew 4:18-22
Theme: Jesus Chose us to Follow Him
Five Principles to Remember:
1. Know that the call to follow Jesus is INITIATED BY JESUS.
2. We must RESPOND INDIVIDUALLY when Jesus calls us to follow.
3. We must RESPOND IMMEDIATELY when Jesus calls us to follow.
4. We must GO WHEREVER Jesus calls us to go.
5. Know that our purpose of following Jesus is to IMITATE Him.
Text: Habakkuk 1:5; John 1:43-51
Jesus is building His church.
He invites us to COME AND JOIN Him!
1. COME AND IMAGINE
COME AND IMAGINE what God will do through you and this church.
COME AND IMAGINE the great and amazing things God is already doing.
Without IMAGINATION, there is NO INSPIRATION.
Without IMAGINATION, there is NO VISION!
Without IMAGINTATION, there is NO REALIZATION!
2. COME AND ASK
“Can anything good come from here?” (v.46)
Do not presume. — Do not have pre-conceived notions. — Rid your prejudice. — Do not be afraid to ask tough questions.
3. COME AND SEE (FOR YOURSELF)
COME AND SEE what God is doing here.
COME AND SEE God’s wonder in this place.
COME AND SEE God’s beautiful people worshiping together.
COME AND SEE God’s people growing and maturing.
COME AND SEE God’s people doing life together.
COME AND SEE God moving!
4. COME AND BE AMAZED AT GOD
“Look at the nations and watch — and BE UTTERLY AMAZED. For I am going to do something in your days that you would not believe, even if you were told.” (Habakkuk 1:5).
Theme: Commitment to WAITING on God
There are FOUR THINGS that God wants us to do while WE WAIT ON HIM:
1.God wants us to WATCH HIM
“When you see the ark of the covenant of the LORD your God, and the priests, who are Levites, carrying it, you are to move out
from your positions and follow it.” (v.3)
2. God wants to SHOW US THE WAY
“Then you will know which WAY to go, since you have never been this way before.” (v.4)
3. God wants us to WORSHIP
“CONSECRATE (worship) yourselves, for tomorrow the LORD will do amazing things among you.” (v.6)
4. God wants to teach us NOT TO WAVER IN OUR FAITH
“And the LORD said to Joshua, ‘Today I will begin to exalt you in the eyes of all Israel, so they MAY KNOW that I am with you as
I was with Moses.” (v.7)